I recently came across bootstrap, an HTML framework from Twitter. In the process, I cam across some more tools by twitter, less.js (which allows for dynamic creation of CSS), and Uglify (which allows for minifying js).
Here’s a short list to install these:
- Install Node Package Manager from http://nodejs.org/
- Install Less.js via ‘git clone git://github.com/cloudhead/less.js.git’
- Go to the less.js directory, type: ‘make’.
- Copy the install directory to /usr/local/less.js
- Add /usr/local/less.js/bin to $PATH
- Install uglify-js via ‘npm install uglify-js -g’
- Install Bootstrap ‘git clone git://github.com/twitter/bootstrap.git’
- Go to the bootstrap directory, type: ‘make’.