Chevelle Updates – Part 2

1) Throttle Cable: So I found that I needed a new throttle cable as the original one was 21.5″ long. For a Holley carb this was about an inch too short. I decided to get a Lokar 24″ universal cable with a new bracket. This should allow me to cut-to-fit the cable and get full throttle on it.

2) Rear Brakes: I wanted to get the car moving and rushed the rear brakes. Turns out the line does not fit as expected and I still need to install the emergency cable. I’ll take it out for a test run or two then put it up on blocks to fix this.

3) Alignment: I need to get this done after the brakes.

4) Pesky Oil/Fluid Leaks: My plan is to redo the engine this year, so I’m hoping to hold off for now on fixing these. The one near the distributer I need to keep a closer eye on. I’m not sure of the other leaks, I’m sure I’ll find out those soon enough.

5) Radio / Electronics: Hoping to get these sometime this summer, but only if I can drive it around more than have it on blocks.