In talking to a bunch of people about start-up business ideas, they always talk about your Business Plan.
I find this so lazy it's funny. They should have asked, where's your market research? Because a business plan without that is useless.
If I were ever going to give someone advice about a business I would first ask what's your Business Abstract?
- What do you want to sell?
- How much will you make per sale?
- How much will it cost you to get 1 customer, time/dollars?
- How much money do you want to make per month?
- What research have you done to to support this market?
I think I have always balked when people asked for a business plan because I thought to myself, how can I give you a plan when I am still figuring out my market. Do you want me to give you some BS? Now I can qualify that, by asking, why do you want a plan with no market research?