It seems like everytime I install a WAMP (Windows, Apache, PHP, MySQL) environment and I install php via the .zip file, I run into the same problems viewing PHPMyAdmin because it say's “Cannot load mysql extension.” So I did this to help me remember and hopefully help you out.
- add this to httpd.conf “PHPIniDir “C:/php/php.ini”"
- un-comment this line: extension=php_mysql.dll
- Add your php folder to the path, for this example: c:\php
- Open Command Prompt. Win+R, type cmd
- net stop “apache2.2″
- copy c:\php\libmysql.dll c:\windows\system32
- net start “apache2.2″
Now your PHPMyAdmin or other program should work as expected.